Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Getting Ready to Go

We started out the weekend by taking a trip to Macon to buy gifts to take with us to give to various people we meet while on our trip. These would include Jett's caregivers, the orphanage director, drivers, coordinators, etc. Just a small token of appreciation for the part they are playing in this adoption. We bought several UGA items based on a recommendation by others to give a gift that is representative of our state or area we live in.

Last night we started packing and it was a task. I think DeanAnne and I had two different ideas about how much stuff to take.
DeanAnne's suitcase is on the top and mine is on the bottom. We bought a new rolling duffle bag at Eddie Bauer this weekend. Low and behold the thing is to big to check in on a plane. Total measurements are(L + W + H) cannot be over 62 inches. The duffle bag is 65 inches! I think we could get it in, but the excess baggage fee is $100 per flight. We'll leave it home to be safe. If anyone needs a good Extra Large bag for a trip, storage, or to park a small vehicle in, let me know. I'll make you a good deal. There is also a weight limit of 50lbs. After we re-packed the duffle bag in a smaller bag, guess how much it weighed. You guessed it, 50 lbs. Looks like we will be shifting some items to another bag.



I called about plane tickets today. I hope we have some concrete plans in the next couple of days. I'm really looking forward to getting those details ironed out. Right now the cheapest flight is out of Atlanta on Korean Air. For a few hundred more dollars we can fly out of Savannah on Cathay Air. I hope to make a decision before Thursday.

No comments: