Sunday, July 8, 2007

Drumroll Please!





May we introduce the newest member of the Fordham family, Jett Reuben Fordham. We will call him Bao (Bow) as that is his Vietnamese name and he seems to respond to it. The very first meeting was very emotional and he was scared. he quickly warmed up to DeanAnne , but would cry sometimes when he saw his 20 year old caregiver. He is very small but he can pull up and sit unassisted. he was very scared of me at the first meeting, but now since we are in the hotel room he doesn't seem nearly as frightened. This post won't be long as I have not got much to say. Everything is so overwhelming. 18 months of prayers and dreams came together today in one moment and it was extremely humbling. We are so thankful to each person who has lifted us up in prayer. Now we ask for special prayer as we go for our Giving and Receiving ceremony on Wednesday. This is an official ceremony in the province where he lives. After this ceremony we will be recognized by Vietnam as his legal parents. The next steps will be a series of interviews with U.S. immigration officials. Please pray specifically for his INS interviews and that all requirements for his visa will be met and approved as quickly as possible so that we can travel back to be with J.R. and James soon. Sometimes these steps can really prolong travel.







To my Sunday School Class and Church family: We miss each of you and hope that we will be back ASAP. Please pray for us this morning when you all meet and we hope to re-join you all soon.





To J.R. and James: Say hello to your new baby brother. Ask Me-Ma to help you say his name so you can talk to him when we come home. We love you both and miss you so much.





To all my close "guy" friends: Jett's caregiver asked me had I tried "meat dog". Apparently dog meat is considered exotic here and can be bought from the vendors on the street. I heard today that the lighter colored the hair, the more tasty the meat. I haven't tried any yet, but I might if I get the chance. I'll let you know what I think.


Jimmy: I haven't seen any live chickens, but plenty of chicken meat. The chickens are dressed whole with the entire length of their neck minus the head. The head is sold separately. Just knew you'd be interested in that.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama and Daddy, we can say Bow and we are ready to play with him. They enjoyed the pictures very much. DeanAnne, I know you are so grateful to finally hold him in your arms. JR wanted to know did you run over the dog in the road. We're getting ready for Sunday Sch+ool and you can see I'm gettin some help typing so , We'll be keeping you in our hearts and prayers. Here is a note from James
md fde, c;.lcxldkskl;;d;dlpldode m bye

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne & Jon,
Jett is sooooooooooooo beautiful!! The God of Wonders has done it again!! I praise His name this morning. I can hardly look at the pics without crying!! Isn't it an awesome miracle? Thank you LORD!! You continue to be in my prayers!
Patricia Underwood

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!
I know that this has been such a long road for both of you and I am so excited to see you have your baby. Deananne I cry everytime I look at the picture of you holding him. I have and will continue to pray for both of you. I will pray that everything continues to go smoothly so you can come home very soon. I can't wait to talk to James today in Sunday School so I can get my weekly Jett update. You both will be missed ALOT today at church.

Love,
Lori Belflower

Anonymous said...

aunt rea,
please come home safe. i am glad that you are finally with baby jett. i miss you. i kept telling everybody that he looks like you and he does. we have got to go so we can get ready for sunday school. i love you and uncle jon,
sadie

deananne & jon,
i am so proud for you. he is even more precious than i imagined. me and the girls will continue to keep in touch and we love you very much,
audra

Anonymous said...

Jon and DeanAnne,

My eyes have drawn tears of joy for your whole family. This is so sweet: the moments, the journey, the unification at the culmination of such a long journey you've all waited for. My heart can't express. Take care. He is beautiful and appears so happy in the pictures. Thanks for sharing the journey with us even long before the blogs appeared.

We'll say a special prayer for you this morning in Sunday School. The lesson is on serving. I remember that this adoption was a mission that you felt called by God to do as His Servant. Wow.

Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

I've showed Molly Jett's (Bao's) pictures. She saw the one of him taking a bath and said, "They are going to have to be quiet when he sleeps. I don't think that they can be quiet."

Both Henry and Molly have talked about you bringing Jett home and is very aware of what is going on, it appears. They can't wait.

amy

Mi Waters said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations!!!!

Jon and DeanAnne,
I am so excited for you and your family. I am so glad that you got to Vietnam safely. Bao is absolutely precious, and I can't wait to meet him in person. Your pictures are wonderful and reminds me or my visit, my grandfather, and stories that my father likes to tell. It is a fantastic experience, and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. I can't wait to hear from you. Please keep me posted. Take care and give Bao a kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

Jon and DeanAnne,
Congrats! He's so precious and looks so happy! I'm so glad this part of your journey is finally here! It makes Sara seem that much closer!

Sue and Gary Macklis

Julie said...

Congratulations!! He is absolutely precious and you all look so happy in the pictures. Thanks for sharing your journey!!

Keisha said...

Oh My Goodness! I can hardly type!!!! He is sooo precious! Course, I already knew that! We are so happy for you both! God is Amazing! And, now you and I both know...His timing is perfect. Thank you for all your Love & support! I am so excited that you and I share this wonderful bond..(the story of our babies) Your friendship is a blessing! Sorry, it's taken awhile to leave a comment...blogger WOULD NOT work for us in China???? I don't know why, but I was having a fit to see your site. I checked it first thing this morning! Now, I'm hooked! I look forward to hearing everyday about this wonderful journey God has sent you on! Have fun with your new little one...and save some sugar for the rest of us :0)
Love & (hugs),
Keisha & Matt!!
(who are back home from China!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne and Jon,

CONGRATULATIONS!! Jett is absolutely adorable! Cody and I have been reading your entries daily and have enjoyed learning about every day of your trip. The pictures are great. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Love
Cody and Lora

PS. Cody said that if you get a chance, he would love a "doggie" bag full of that little pooch in the picture!!

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne and Jon,
Praise God! we both are so happy for you all. Jett(Bao) looks really happy to be with his mama and daddy. We continue to pray for you daily. James said a prayer for baby Jett in Sunday School today. Thank you for taking time out to keep us all updated. Jon, Kevin said we'll know you ate dog meat if you come home with floppy ears. ha ha. We love you all.

love,
Aimee and Kevin

Tanya said...

Jon & DeanAnne,
How PRECIOUS!!! I can only imagine the joy, love, happiness and excitement that is overflowing in your hearts! We have been and continue to lift you up in prayer during this most special time. Bradley, KaraLynn and LaraBeth have been so excited to see the new pictures each day!
This morning in Children's Church, I told J.R. I had seen some beautiful pictures on my computer before I left home. Before I could say anything else, a HUGE smile came across his little face and he said,"It was baby Jett!". He was so excited!
Take care and we hope to meet that sweet baby Jett real soon!
Love,
Rickey & Tanya (and Bradley, KaraLynn & LaraBeth)

Anonymous said...

Jon & DeanAnne,
Jett is precious! The smile on his face shows that he's so happy to be with his MaMa & Daddy! Thanks for sharing your journey of blessings. Each of you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to meet Jett!
Congratulations!
Stephanie Purser

Anonymous said...

Hello from Cochran!
Thanks for sharing this with us!
Casey, Callie, and I send you love, prayers, and congratulations!
You have a beautiful son...I know you are enjoying every minute. In the words of my Grandma..."Ain't God good?"
Jenny Paulk

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne and Jon
Jett(Boa) is a beautiful little boy! God is so amazing!!!!!!!! Enjoy your time in Boa's homeland. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Machell Rogers

S. said...

YOur son is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats! I hope the time passes quickly for you until you can bring him home!