Saturday, July 21, 2007

INS appt
















We finally had out INS interview yesterday. Sorry for not posting earlier, but it was a very tough day. I will skip the grueling details of the day, but we were finally notified yesterday evening that our case would be approved and our approved I600 could be picked up on Monday. We are very excited that we were approved, but picking it up on Monday is another day delay. We were hoping to be in Hanoi on Monday doing our VISA interview. Nevertheless, this is a step in the right direction. We once again canceled our tickets to Hanoi and rescheduled them for Monday evening. We are now hoping to arrive in Hanoi on Monday, have the Visa interview on Tuesday, and pick up the Visa on Wednesday. We will come home after we have the Visa in hand. We have to have this Visa to bring Jett back in to the US. Please continue to pray that this will work out for us. We are so ready to come home and see our families and especially JR and James. Also, please continue to pray for us as we strive to complete this emotional process.
On a lighter note, we went out walking this morning. We walked down to the river and looked at many boats. The river here has alot of trash floating in it and also a lot of bamboo. It was nice to have a change of scenary. We then walked around town and went to the grocery store. Jett is on his second nap since we have been back in the room. You can see how tired he is. In one of the other pictures of Jett is a guy that works at our hotel. He has been very kind to us and always holds Jett. I keep saying Jett will look like him when he gets older.
Jett actually slept for 5 hours straight last night. This is a record for us and we were very excited. Before this, his longest stretch of sleep was 3 hours. We seem to have a very active newborn baby on our hands!
If you can't recognize the difference in the post, it is DeanAnne posting and not Jon. Maybe he will be back posting in a few days. I am not quite as informative as he is and talk alot more about Jett than the scenary. Thank you all for the continued prayers and support. Your comments are greatly appreciated and mean so much to us. These comments help us get through each day. We read and appreciate them all.


JR and James: We love you very much and can't wait to see you. I loved seeing you on Mr. Kevin's computer yesterday. We are proud of you for being strong during this time as we work to bring baby Jett home. You both be good for Mema and don't let her get all of my sugar. Remember every time she kisses you, it is from me and daddy. We have lots of special prizes for you when we get home. Remind Mema that you need to say your memory verses at night for her so you won't forget. We love you so much and are so proud of you. God is proud of you too for being such big boys while we are gone.
love you bunches,
Momma and Daddy














12 comments:

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne, Jon, Jett,
Just checking in on you as usaul. I am so glad that you finally had your INS apponintment. I hope the other procedures will go smoothly and on time for ya'll. We will continue to think about you and pray for you. I'm glad to hear Jett is sleeping a little better. Kolt is sleeping very well too! He is such a good baby. I can't wait to meet Jett and I can't wait for you to meet Kolt.
I love you MLPDD!!! (Do you remember my special name for you?)
Take care-Wendy

Anonymous said...

Sooooo glad things are moving along for you! You'll be home soon.

Sue Macklis

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am so glad that there is progress to get you moving toward home. I can't even imagine how ready you are to see J.R. and James and bring Jett home. We have missed you so much. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch with you. Mom had her knee replacement, so I've been in Columbus with her and helping her as much as possible. Stay strong and we will see you soon.
Love,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are moving forward! We continue to pray for you and hope that you can come home very soon.
The Belflower's Ted, Lori , Hope, & RJ

Joe said...

YEA!! Great post. Go check out his friend Ben's blog for more of Jett!

http://journey4babyben.blogspot.com/

Kristi said...

DeanAnne, Jon, & Jett,
As I write this I have got tears literally falling from my face. I'm so proud that you have your INS interview scheduled, and I know ya'll are so proud, but your little note to your other two boys just broke me up!!! Ya'll are such great parents, and you have to keep telling yourselves that ya'll are just doing what you have to do in order to bring JR's & James's baby brother home. Before you know it, you will all five be at home where you belong, together.
"Jon, DeanAnne, JR, James, & Jett"
Don't that line look great!

I just love ya'll and want ya'll to know that you've got SO MANY people praying for you and thinking of you CONSTANTLY. My mom and "Big Daddy", Kaysi & Scott (& their whole church), all my in-laws, and pretty much everybody that anyone in our office knows. We are constantly telling people, "Please pray for Deannane & Jon.", and you know what? They ARE praying!
I've got much more to say, but hate to clog up the blog. I have quit crying, so that's good. Now I'm smiling, because I'm hoping that this little letter has made ya'll happy. I love ya'll, and will write again tomarrow.
Stay Positive! :oP
Love,
Kristi, Tommy, Daniel, & Jesse Dix

Kristi said...

DeanAnne, Jon, & Jett,
As I write this I have got tears literally falling from my face. I'm so proud that you have your INS interview scheduled, and I know ya'll are so proud, but your little note to your other two boys just broke me up!!! Ya'll are such great parents, and you have to keep telling yourselves that ya'll are just doing what you have to do in order to bring JR's & James's baby brother home. Before you know it, you will all five be at home where you belong, together.
"Jon, DeanAnne, JR, James, & Jett"
Don't that line look great!

I just love ya'll and want ya'll to know that you've got SO MANY people praying for you and thinking of you CONSTANTLY. My mom and "Big Daddy", Kaysi & Scott (& their whole church), all my in-laws, and pretty much everybody that anyone in our office knows. We are constantly telling people, "Please pray for Deannane & Jon.", and you know what? They ARE praying!
I've got much more to say, but hate to clog up the blog. I have quit crying, so that's good. Now I'm smiling, because I'm hoping that this little letter has made ya'll happy. I love ya'll, and will write again tomarrow.
Stay Positive! :oP
Love,
Kristi, Tommy, Daniel, & Jesse Dix

stollmyheart said...

Congrats on getting the first interview done! I hope all goes smoothly for the rest of your journey!!!

Anonymous said...

Jon and DeanAnne, Enjoyed the pictures and I'll bring JR and James up tonite before bed to see and read todays note. They have gone with Casey and Jason to Jan and Bobbys, will come back soon to fish. I'm cooking Lasanga and rolls. Today Christina and Tanya took James and Chase to Chick fil let and then home to swim. They were full of praise for what a sweet boy he is. The only problem Tanya said was in getting him to come home, he was having such a good time. Just heard from Dale they are delayed in Miami, the computers are down. No planes in or out at this time.
One day, one foot forward, you are accomplishing your goal. We can't wait to see and hold and play with baby Jett.
Mom.

Julie said...

I'm so glad your first interview is finally done! I hope everything goes smoothly in Hanoi next week, so you can get home ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Iam so proud of you two. Keep the good work up and stay strong. Bringing your little boy home and my grandson will be a reality before long. I am so thankful for all the support your Blog has brought. I am glad so many people care about you. I love you all.
Louise and Jack

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to hear that things are moving forward for you again. You are in our prayers.
Christina Yowell