Monday, July 16, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

Praise the Lord! We just got back from our Giving and Receiving ceremony. We had to wait forever, but we were able to complete everything! We are so excited. We drove for about 1.5 hours and picked up the vice-director of the orphange.

We drove a short distance from the orphanage to the Provincial Department of Justice and then waited for 1 hour. Finnaly it was our turn to go into the second story office of The Provincial Department of Justice for our ceremony. There were two ladies inside and we signed 10 documents and a huge legal book similar to the logs for property deeds in a courthouse. The book had detailed information on DeanAnne and I and also on Baby Jett. The ladies and the orphanage director all signed the documents as well.



Once we were through, one of the ladies handed us a copy of our adoption decree and we took a picture. That was it. The ceremony lasted 5 minutes at most and we were back on our way to the hotel. Our facilitator will be stopping by to get some documents from us to file with INS for our interview. Hopefully the interview will be Wednesday morning. Everyone please say a prayer for a Wednesday successful interview. If we can leave Wednesday evening, we might possibly make our 7:50pm flight on Friday evening back home. Wouldn't that be awesome. Please pray for things to fall in place for us over the next few days.




J.R. and James: We miss you and love you. Get Me-Ma to let ya'll watch the video of baby Jett.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon and Deananne,
I am so glad that everything went so well so far with all of the paper work. I hope that you will get to make your flight home on Friday that will be awesome. RJ laughed when he watched the video of Jett and said that he was doing his Happy Feet dance. I am still so excited for all of you. JR made sure that we prayed for you in Sunday School yesterday. I am glad that God lead you to a church to be able to attend. I pray that you continue to be safe and that everything else goes smoothly for you. I CAN'T wait for Jett's first Sunday at church. We miss you!

Lori, Ted, Hope, and RJ Belflower

Keisha said...

Oh, I just want to squeeze him! LOL! I'm glad everything went good, we'll be praying that yall WILL make that flight back home!
Take care, & love ya,
Keisha

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the G&R ceremony went well. I have tears in my eyes - it is so awesome! I will continue to pray that everything will go well and you can make that flight home Friday. I know you're ready! The video is precious!! Jett is beautiful!!
Praising God with you,
Patricia Underwood

Julie said...

Congratulations on your G&R!! I'll be praying that everything else goes quickly, so you can make your flight home On Friday. I love the video of Jett!

Anonymous said...

Jon and DeanAnne,
Jett is so very beautiful. I can't wait to see him and you. It is great all the paperwork has gone through. I hope you can make the flight, and we can see you all sooner. Mamma (Louise)