Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday's Gone with the Wind

Last night we went out to eat at an Italian restaurant called Pomodoro. It was very authentic, and very good. We came back and went to bed. Jett woke up a couple of times in the night, but he slept until 9:00. Once we got up and checked the e-mail, bad news had befallen us. Seems our Giving and Receiving which was scheduled for Wednesday, was cancelled and rescheduled for Monday. This really floored me as it will significantly postpone our return, possibly by as much as 5 days. It just doesn’t seem fair, but I have learned one thing through this entire adoption process; when things don’t go the way I planned that just means they went according to the plans of the One who knows much better than me. Please continue to lift us in prayer and our family daily. DeanAnne really got emotional this morning when J.R. said, “Momma, I’m ready for you to come home.”


We went for lunch later in the morning and you’ll never guess where; Pizza Hut. We were supposed to meet our friends Joe and Katie there, But guess what. There are twoo Pizza Huts in Saigon and we both went to different ones. The Pizza Hut was very nice and similar to the ones at home except that it was four stories tall. The menu was pretty much the same. We had a “Country Delight” which has sausage, ham, mushrooms, and pineapple. You couldn’t tell a bit of difference between it and one in Georgia, very good. The service was very good as well. After the waitress took our order, she said that it would be out in 17 minutes. I thought that was a pretty specific time, but she was right on the money. The cost for a large pizza and 3 drinks(no free refills here)= $10. The oddest thing about the place was that the bathroom was on the top floor. Air conditioning ends on the 2nd floor, so those last two flights of stairs were hot! I told DeanAnne I needed to go, but by the time I reached the top I had sweated it all out. I just turned around and headed back down. All that effort for nothing!


Better news came a little later when our facilitator stopped by the hotel and told us he had already arranged for our medical exams to be performed this afternoon. That will help us to move things along a little faster after our Giving and Receiving. Every person, babies included, who wish to travel from Vietnam to the U.S. must first have a medical examination before an entry visa will be granted. This examination must be performed by an embassy approved doctor at an approved facility.




We went to the Cho Ray hospital for our appointment. There were many people there waiting for appointments for a visa examination. Most of them were adults, but there were also a few other adopted babies there for examination. The examination went very well and Jett did not even cry during the exam.


He made up for it in the taxi on the way back. He was very tired and he missed his usual afternoon nap. He is asleep now after much struggling. It has always been amazing to me how the sleepier a child is the harder it is for them to go to sleep. He fought the good fight, but eventually sleep won.


We have the rest of the week free now. I don’t know what we will do but our next appointment is for our Giving and Receiving on Monday. I think we will see a few attractions and just rest. Thanks for visiting our site and please keep the comments coming. They are a great source of comfort for us. For those of you who doubt that I am in Vietnam because you never see pictures of me, DeanAnne snapped this photo at the hospital. My feet were very tired so I had Jett to carry me. Isn't he a big boy.



J.R. and James: Momma and Daddy miss you alot and we hope to be home with baby Jett very soon. Remember to pray for baby Jett to come home when you say your prayers tonight. We love you both! Here's a smile and a wave from baby Jett just for both of you!






















15 comments:

Anonymous said...

AUNT REA,
I AM GLAD TO PICTURES OF BOTH YOU AND UNCLE JON. I HOPE TO SEE MORE. WE WILL BE CHECKING EVERYDAY.
LOVE SADIE

I LOVE AUNT REA AND UNCLE JON. I AM GLAD I GET TO SEE PICTURES OF BOTH OF YOU. I AM GLAD TO SEE PICTURES OF BABY JETT.
LOVE STELLA

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE UPDATING US. THIS HAS BEEN SO NICE TO SEE YOU THERE. I FEEL LIKE I AM SOMEHOW A PART OF YOUR TRIP BECAUSE I GET TO SEE YOU. I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR BOTH OF YOU. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT SADIE SHOULD BE BAPTISED ON THE 22. I WILL TAKE PICTURES FOR YOU IN CASE YOU DON'T MAKE IT BACK. WE MISS YOU AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RETURN,
LOVE AUDRA

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll!!!
We miss you a lot and can't wait for you to get home! You know those people that were delayed for some reason or the other on 9/11 were probablly discouraged for being late until they realized God had a reason for them being late. We don't always know what they are but He's always on time!!!
The boys are very strong and have a lot to teach Jett when we get him home!!!
Deananne,
He's so precious!!! In the pictures it seems as though he has always been in your arms.
I know we always have talked about the patience we don't have, but you have proven to be strong. I admire you for your strength during
this whole process. Hang in there it will be over before you know it!!
Love Ya!!!
Dale, Robert, Aubrey & Julian

The Big R said...

Jon & DeanAnne,
We are soooo glad the trip there went well. Sorry about the delay I just read about--but as we've all learned lately God knows best. We can't wait for all of you to get home and to meet baby Jett in person. We love all the posting and pictures, it's like being there also.
DeanAnne--I cried when I saw the pictures of you holding Jett, because I've seen the emotions just talking with you at church about all the delays and things changing constantly. We will continue to pray for all of you.
May God keep you all safe on your journey and be with you always.
Kelly and family

Anonymous said...

Jon, DeanAnne, Jett,
I check your site each day so that I know ya'll are okay. The update each day is very nice. Thanks!!!
You'll be home very soon!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for letting us know how the trip is going. I am so excited for you. I love hearing about it. I am praying for you and your family. I hope to read that you are going home soon.
Christina Yowell

Anonymous said...

Deananne and Jon,
I am sorry about the delay in your coming home. God WILL pull you through this! He has a reason even if we don't know it or understand. I know that you miss your boys, but this too will pass and before you know it you all will be together again and James and J.R. will be teaching little Jett EVERYTHING that they know. I cry every time I look at the pictures of this precious little boy especially the ones with Deananne holding him. He is truly a gift from God. I am so happy for all of you. Hope prayers for you every night and she ask every morning when she will be able to see Jett. I will continue to up lift you in my prayers and don't forget that God will NOT let you down! Continue to stay strong and enjoy getting to know your new little boy.

Ted, Lori, Hope, & RJ Belflower

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne and Jon,
So sad to hear that Giving and Receiving Ceremony has been postponed. But you both are very familiar with delays, uh? Anyway, I love this...it's like we are a part of this adoption. We continue to pray for your safety and can't wait to meet baby Jett in person. Hugs and kisses to you all. Love, Polly

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon and DeanAnne,
I've been BUSY and haven't had a chance to respond, but I've caught up on reading the blog,(You would be amazed at how many people tell me they are reading this thing). I'm trying to get caught up with the hay, before we leave. TRYING! Dale raked for me fri. Well I reackon ya'll will get that vacation you were suppose to take anyway! We've been getting alittle rain and I reackon everything is going good. I taught James to drive my truck All BY HIMSELF. He only hit the back of Daddy's truck twice and ran off in the pond once, But that only happened because he forgot to put it in park before he got out and I think the dog will be OK too. Oh well I better go check on J.R., he is moving hay out of the field for me.
See Ya'll
Robert

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne & Jon,
So great to read about your journey and to see all the wonderful pictures! Jett is adorable!! Sorry about the appointment change. You're in my prayers everyday, and I continue to ask God to make all the rough places smooth for you!! I praise Him for the miracle of adoption!!
Love,
Patricia Underwood

Anonymous said...

Jon and DeanAnne, Daddy and I have been up here this evening reading and crying, laughing and praying. We must be getting on in age. Skeeter is coming to take the boys swimming Saturday for a few hours so I can go get groceries or whatever. Jan kept JR and Julian today - they had a ball. Amy kept James and he had a really good time - came home with a toy of Aunt Punk's to play with (Whoopee cushion). I have off through the end of July so you can plan a little better. See if you can find one of my favorite verses ( I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything to hard for me?)
Love, Memama and PaPa

Anonymous said...

HEY YALL! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YALL GET BACK HOME! DEANANNE HANG IN THERE YOU BOUT MADE IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE AND MISS YOU VERY MUCH!!! YOUR NURSE ELAYNE

Anonymous said...

DeanAnne and Jon,
Thank you so much for allowing me to share this experience with you. It makes the time go faster. Jett is a beautiful little boy. He will be worth all the time, patience, and energy into getting him home with you all. JR and James are being well cared for by Ms. Debbie and Jerry. You really don't need to worry about them. Take care and I love you both. Mamma Louise

Stacy said...

So sorry to hear about your G&R delay - seems like I've seen that happening to a lot of families lately and it's got to be so hard. You finally get there and can't get the ball rolling and of course are anxious to get back. But, your little guy is so, so, so cute! Good luck - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it happens Monday (or somehow gets rescheduled yet for this week!).

Anonymous said...

Jon and DeanAnne,
I have been keeping up with your site but didn't realize that you could post things to you guys. Grandma and I were talking yesterday and she is so upset about your trip being delayed and about your postings of Jett (his feeding and his lower body). I tried to explain to her that God put this baby in your life for a reason - he needed the loving arms of two caring parents that could teach him and nourish him. As far as the delays, just look at it as another challenge that has come your way. It seems that this entire journey has been one challenge after the other and it will only make you more appreciative and stronger in the end. If there is one rule that I live by, it is that "God never puts more on you than what you can handle". Keep your chins up and enjoy your time with him and enjoy your surroundings. The two of you are experiencing more now than most of us ever will in our lives. We will continue to pray for you and for God to keep you safe and a quick return home!!

Love you,

Lori, Paul, Jackson, Jarrett and Ashton

Kristi said...

DeanAnne & Jon -

I'm SO dumb, I've been leaving LENGTHY letters to ya'll every single day, but didn't realize that they weren't being sent because my SILLY(good word, huh, DeanAnne?) password wasn't working!

I'm SO excited about Jett, he's gorgeous, and my boys are VERY excited about meeting him. Never mind that they never met ya'll's (is that a word?) other 2 boys, Daniel can't wait to meet Jett!!!

Ya'll stay safe, and be careful, and BRANG that BABY HOME TO all of us who've prayed and waited for him for so LONG!!!!

I Love Ya'll.

FOR THE BOYS: (Jon - Tommy says please brang him home a little, teensy, itsy, bitsy, tiny, weeny "meat-dog", with light hair, with a pug-nose, cooked rare, with bulbous eyes, and the tail left intact, if you could please.)

sorry, DeanAnne. Tommy made me type that. He's still laughing.

LOVE Ya'll!!!!!